Pomfort releases a new extended Silverstack XT version and a major upgrade to its professional media acquisition and data-management software Silverstack
Munich (September 30, 2014) – Pomfort, a global provider of professional solutions for data and color management on the film set, today announces the immediate availability of Silverstack v4. The powerful new version of Silverstack speeds up all backup processes with its completely revised copy engine and the super-fast checksum verification type “xxhash”. Furthermore, Silverstack v4 enhances the range of advanced supported camera formats adding both Sony RAW for F55 / F65 as well as ProRes XQ which recently has been included to the ARRI Alexa. For backing up media to LTO tapes the new Silverstack v4 is now optimized for checksum verified copy processes via LTFS.
Numerous improvements in the architecture of Silverstack’s metadata library accelerate the work particularly for search and browsing activities in large libraries of several ten thousand clips. Additionally, the updated software architecture allows to exchange and merge metadata libraries from different machines. Consequently, Silverstack v4 now can be used as an ingest station either in a post production house or in a set environment where multiple Silverstack libraries are in action.
Silverstack v4 comes with lots of further features like exporting still images from movies (jpg, tiff), a newly developed thumbnail report type, and an updated user interface which makes important tasks like the handling of copy and backup jobs easier to control. All this new features ensure that Silverstack v4 is the most advanced and the most progressive data management software for film productions of all sizes.
In order to diversify Silverstack v4 for further set-to-post workflows, Pomfort introduces an extended Silverstack XT version which includes some of the latest features exclusively. The respective differences between Silverstack v4 and Silverstack XT are explained on Pomfort’s webpage:
Silverstack 4.0 and XT developments:
• Overall improvement of copy speed: Includes a completely revised copy engine and the new super-fast checksum type “xxhash”.
• Sony F55 / F65 RAW and ProRes XQ support: Enables playback, metadata extraction, thumbnail creation, and transcoding.
• Accelerated backup processes to LTO tapes via LTFS: Speeds up the copy and checksum verification process to LTO tapes.
• “Cascading copy” for faster processing cycles of media: Makes copy tasks more efficient by first copying to fast destinations and from there in a second run to slower drives.
• Set and Set-to-Post workflows with multiple Silverstack libraries: Imports and merges different libraries from several workstations into one master project.
• Lots of new features: Comes with still image export (jpg, tiff), a new report type with larger thumbnails, and file verification functionalities tailored to Set-to-Post workflows.
• Best performance with large libraries: Allows optimized handling of large projects with tens of thousands of clips.
• Improved job control: Provides better overview of running and finished jobs, simplifies job abortion and error handling.
• Updated user interface: Makes the important tasks easier to perform.
Pricing and Availability
With the release of Silverstack v4 Pomfort introduces a new subscription license model. A yearly subscription for Silverstack can be purchased for US$ 390 / EUR 299, the yearly subscription for Silverstack XT comes at US$ 590 / EUR 465.
Pomfort also offers the possibility to rent Silverstack for the duration of 14 days / one month / two months, and Silverstack XT for the duration of one month / two months.
Silverstack v4 can be acquired at Pomfort’s web store (http://pomfort.com/store) and through Pomfort’s authorized resellers worldwide. A 14-day trial version is available as a free download at: http://pomfort.com/silverstack/try.html
Find graphics, logos, screenshots, photos at: http://pomfort.com/press
• Intel Mac with Mac OS X 10.8 or higher