Munich (July 13, 2015) – Pomfort, a global provider of professional solutions for color and data management on the film set, has released the next round of professional features to LiveGrade. Anchored by a major upgrade, specifically the new LiveGrade Pro v3 contains multiple features and performance enhancements that support DITs, colorists and DOPs to work fluidly with looks in the production process by achieving demanding and accurate results faster and more efficiently than ever before.
LiveGrade Pro is the must-have solution by now offering more functionalities to adjust and to compare looks directly on set. The new video input interface enables capturing the HD-SDI signal of a camera so that recorded clips or live images can be used for visualizing and referencing the required looks. The new split screen view makes the comparison of looks even more convenient and accurate.
Furthermore, Pomfort has delivered look library enhancements to LiveGrade Pro that significantly accelerate and optimize look workflows. LiveGrade Pro v3 now has the capability to extract time code information from the live HD-SDI signal which is automatically saved along with the look metadata in the library. Based on the look information in the library, LiveGrade Pro now allows to create look reports as PDFs for a faster end-to-end communication specifically when it comes to the task of matching footage with appropriate looks in the dailies creation process.
Also, DITs, colorists and DOPs increasingly need to be able to apply filters for color correction in order to either easily adjust a specific color or range of colors or to configure a specific look for correcting color cast of different lenses or camera filters. Matching these requirements, LiveGrade Pro now provides new filters for secondary color correction and offers the ability to apply multiple different CDL or 3D LUT filters at the same time for preparing customized color pipelines.
LiveGrade Pro comes with a variety of further features such as support of ACES 1.0 transforms, or the new color controls for tint.
“LiveGrade Pro v3 is a large release that we think both DOPs and DITs are going to love,“ says Patrick Renner, Head of Product Design at Pomfort. “To maximize quality, creativity and efficiency in today’s production workflows, our customers need greater choice and flexibility in how they create and manage their looks. With the expanded capability of LiveGrade Pro, set professionals will be able to reduce the burden of fragmented workflows in their production environments, resulting in less complexity, fewer interoperability changes, and greater productivity.”
New features of LiveGrade Pro version 3 include:
- Recording of clips and display of live images of one or multiple input streams by capturing live HD-SDI signals directly in LiveGrade via the Blackmagic Design hardware („Ultrastudio“ and „Decklink“ class of devices).
- Split screen function for direct comparison of the live image with recorded material.
- Extendedclip and look library containing movies and frame grabs for better reference.
- Automated addition of time codeto the metadata and library report for easier set-to-post workflows.
- Filter for secondary color correctionenabling more accurate capabilities by adjusting filter effects on the camera output.
- Multiple CDL filtersfor detailed configuration of a specific look by using various camera components or working in changing set environments.
- Multiple 3D LUT filtersfor custom color pipelines.
- Support for ACES 1.0for standard-based projects.
- Interaction and usability improvements such as tint buttons and panel lock.
New features of LiveGrade Basic version 3 include:
- File grading on JPGs, TIFFs and DPX files allows to create looks on existing files as well as side-by-side comparison of different looks or color grades.
- Dimmable user interface enables undisturbing usage of LiveGrade on dark set environments.
- Color controls for tint
Pricing and Availability
With the release of LiveGrade v3 Pomfort introduces a new subscription license. A yearly subscription for LiveGrade Pro is available for USD 499 / EUR 450, the yearly subscription for LiveGrade Basic comes at USD 299 / EUR 275. Existing LiveGrade customers can upgrade to version 3 with a discount of 50 percent for the first year.
LiveGrade can be purchased at Pomfort’s web store (http://pomfort.com/store) and through Pomfort’s authorized resellers worldwide. A 14-day trial version is available as a free download at: http://pomfort.com/livegradepro/try.html
Find graphics, logos, screenshots, photos at: http://pomfort.com/press
Intel Mac with Mac OS X 10.9 or higher.