What is new?
What's new in version 5?
- Direct Recording: Record a slot's live image directly from the slot UI
- Auto-Record: New auto-record behavior triggers record in multiple slots
- Naming: Better naming for recordings
- Contrast Slider: ASC-CDL-compatible "simple grading" (SPL) interface type with four new controls
- Color Wheels: New luma-neutral behavior of color wheels
- Master Control: New indicator for "master" level of color wheels
MIDI Controller Support:
- Buttons: Trigger any action in the main menu
- Encoders: Adjust grade controls
- LMT Node: Added new node with standard LMTs for ACES mode
Video Router Control:
- Auto-Detection: Directly connect video routers in the local network
- Column Selector: New UI for selecting columns for the shot table
- Non-SI Units: Imperial units for focus distance
- Colorfront Film Module: Support for AJA FS-HDR in "Colorfront Film" pipeline
- QTake Module: Support for interactive LUT and CDL integration with QTake system
- Cobalt Module: Support for Cobalt Digital 9904-UDX-4K systems
New Recording Interface
Streamlined Recording Interaction
Livegrade Pro comes with a new interface for capturing reference material. Users can now control recording directly from within the slot UI. A record / tally indicator and new overlays show if and how long a slot is recording. When using capture devices with multiple inputs users can trigger recording for all slots at once, or individually per slot. The existing auto-recording feature can now be enabled and disabled per captured channel in the device manager. Auto-record can now trigger recording in multiple slots.
Support for MIDI Controllers
Productivity with Physical Controls
Livegrade Pro comes with support for MIDI controllers. Users can now map any software functions to physical controls for increased productivity. Buttons can be assigned to trigger actions in the software, while encoders can be mapped to various grading controls, such as the new simplified CDL controls (e.g. contrast). MIDI controllers are available in a broad range of form factor, size, and price. And it's easy to start a DIY project for building your own MIDI controller for a dedicated layout of buttons and encoders tailored to your specific needs.
Livegrade can be extended with optional modules with functionality required in specific productions using QTake, Colorfront, or Cobalt for their workflow.
The Colorfront Film Module enables support for the proprietary Colorfront Film color pipeline. Colorfront Film is chosen by productions for it's out-of-the-box great image rendering, as well as the powerful HDR features. Users can use an AJA FS-HDR device for color grading live signals the same way as Colorfront's software products render recorded clips.
QTake is the most comprehensive video assist system in the market, and with the QTake Module users now can provide interactive look metadata to QTake. This enables improved integration between video assist and DIT stations – and enables new workflows for stereo3D, 4K, and high frame rate monitoring.
Cobalt Digital 9904-UDX-4K systems are powerful signal processing units. The OpenGear form factor allows dense installations for processing lots of simultaneous streams. With the Cobalt Module Livegrade can utilize the signal processing power of the units and use them as color grading device for camera live signals.
What's new in version 4.4?
More Video Router Control and Automation:
- Router Control: Now support for both AJA Kumo and Blackmagic Design Smart Videohub devices.
- Mapping for Tangent Devices: Map your video routing configurations to buttons on Tangent control panels.
- Multi-Slot Use of Capture Devices: Automatically move capture devices from slot to slot for frame grabs and camera metadata in multiple slots with one capture device.
Device support for AJA FS-HDR:
- LUT box: Use AJA FS-HDR as a versatile LUT box device.
- Dynamic LUT Mode: Single-Channel (4K) and Multi-Channel (multi-HD) support for FS-HDR.
Options for Displaying Reference Images:
- New Display Options: Viewer displays reference image left, right, top, or bottom of current image (with splitter), or as overlay (with opacity control).
- Flip and Flop: Mirror the reference image for easier comparison e.g. in left-right comparisons.
- LUT Presets: New LUT presets for Panavision Millennium DXL2 and RED IPP2.
- ACES: Livegrade Pro 4.4 is now shipping with a selection of common ACES 1.1 transforms.
- Custom Keyboard Shortcuts: Keyboard mapper dialog now has a search field for easier access to actions.
Video Signal Automation
Automate Video Routing and Capture Devices
No matter if you are using a video router by AJA or Blackmagic Design, you're covered with Livegrade Pro's video router automation.
In addition to being able to automate routing configurations on slot changes (e.g. to always show the current slot's camera image on your monitor), you can now also move a capture device from one slot to another: When the routing automation routes the right signal into the capture device, you can now use one capture device for multiple cameras – and monitor live image and camera metadata in the current slot.
What's new in version 4.3?
Video Router Control and Automation:
- Router Control: Support for Blackmagic Design Smart Videohub
- Configurations: Create routing configurations for selected router connections
- Apply: Apply routing configurations on certain actions (e.g. slot changes) or menu / custom keyboard shortcuts
- Automation: Custom automations for in-application events and actions
New Node Presets:
- Selected Nodes: Save selected grading nodes
- Look Library: Build your library of "node presets", e.g. for filter corrections
- Apply: Only update nodes with same name
Updated ACES Support:
- Downloading: Improved mechanism for downloading ACES transforms
- ACES 1.1: New ACES 1.1 version available
More Features and Improvements:
- Wildcards: More wildcards for file names for look and still export
- Still export: Export of stills without look applied ("log" still export)
- Reference Mode: Compare in split screen as well as overlay mode
- LUT presets: New LUT presets for ARRI, RED, and Sony cameras
- Non-interactive mode: New for ARRI CAP and Sony F65 cameras
Video Router Control
Control and Automate Video Routing Devices
Video routers are often used to route camera signals to the devices controlled by Livegrade Pro. Users of Livegrade Pro can now setup routing configurations within the application, and trigger these configurations either from the application when needed, or automate them on certain events within the application such as slot changes. With this feature the entire video setup can now be operated from Livegrade Pro.
What's new in version 4.2?
In-camera grading workflow for Panavision DXL2:
- Upload Look: Upload currently modified look to DXL2
- Metadata workflow: Look metadata travels in recorded files
- Hybrid setup: Hybrid LUT-box and camera grading workflow for interactive look adjustments
New features and improvements:
- Hardware configurations: Save and restore hardware settings in the device manager
- ACES: Better ACES version selection behavior
- Thumbnails: Adjust size of thumbnails in Shot Library
- Refresh: Make frame grabs from within video scopes UI to refresh video scopes
- Scene, Shot, Take: Menu items for increasing scene, shot, and take and new default values
- Robustness: Improved robustness of HD-SDI capture device support
Support for Panavision DXL2
Hybrid in-camera grading workflow
Livegrade Pro adds support for an in-camera grading workflow with the Panavision DXL2. Livegrade Pro comes with a new feature to upload looks into the DXL2 camera. This applies the look e.g. to the viewfinder, but also adds the look metadata to recorded clips. An additional LUT box can be used for interactively adjusting the look based on the log output of the camera.
What's new in version 4.1?
Additional metadata sources:
- Dynamic Metadata: New metadata sources for ARRI, Panasonic, and Sony cameras
- Metadata via LUT Box: Read camera metadata from SDI signals connected to the BoxIO and IS-miniX
- CAP Metadata: Read metadata from connected Alexa Mini and Amira cameras via CAP
- RCP Metadata: Read metadata from connected RED cameras via RCP
- VENICE metadata: Read camera metadata for Sony VENICE from HD-SDI (VENICE V2 firmware)
- RED and ACES: Added ACES IDTs for RED cameras (log3G10)
- Framegrab: Auto-refresh framegrab feature for BoxIO
- Still Images: Export only the still image of a shot
- New "Metadata Only" slot view: Show metadata without preview image
More Sources for Live Metadata
Getting metadata into Livegrade Pro from new devices
Livegrade Pro 4.1 adds various new devices for capturing live metadata from cameras. Besides capturing HD-SDI signals and extracting metadata with AJA or Blackmagic Design capture devices, this can now also be done with the LUT box devices FSI BoxIO and Wowow ISMiniX. Cameras from ARRI and RED are now supported as direct metadata sources when connected via their Wifi/network protocols (RCP for RED cameras and CAP for ARRI cameras).
All these new integrations scale to as many LUT box devices and cameras as are connected to Livegrade Pro. The new features are automatically available for hardware devices with latest firmware updates.
What's new in version 4?
New Shot Library:
- Extended Shot Library: Logging entire shooting days
- Metadata: Lots of new fields and columns for scene and camera related metadata
- Look Presets: Separate library for storing look presets
- Folder Hierarchy: Hierarchical folder structure for advanced project management
- Metadata preparation: Metadata entry before a shot is recorded
Live Camera Metadata:
- New Slot Bar: New overview of all attached cameras with live image and metadata
- Cameras: Display of live metadata from camera's HD-SDI signals for ARRI Alexa, Sony F55, and Panasonic Varicam models
- Native Video Scopes: Waveform, histogram, vectorscope with settings
- Versatile: Video scopes can be used on live image, framegrabs and captured clips
Video Input / Output:
- Library Slot: Option for permanent output of stored framegrabs or clips for reference
- AJA: Full support for multi-channel capture, playout, and metadata with devices such as Io 4K
- Ranges: Handling of legal and extended ranges in capture and recordings
Keyboard Shortcut Manager:
- Custom Keyboard Shortcuts: Define your individual shortcuts for any action in the main menu
- New Defaults: New, refined default shortcuts for streamlined interactive work on set
- Modernized: Refined and cleaned-up user interface
ARRI Alexa LF:
- CAP Support: Grade control of ARRI Alexa LF cameras via Wifi-based CAP protocol
Extensive Shot Library
Logging camera-related information
Livegrade Pro introduces a new Shot Library, that comes with lots of new capabilities for logging a shooting day. The Shot Library stores camera-related information as well as look metadata. It allows easy browsing of past shots with framegrabs and captured video. You can now also enter metadata in advance for an upcoming shot. Information can be grouped hierarchically in Folders and Bins as familiar from Silverstack. All information can be exported in PDF reports.
Monitoring camera metadata and live image
With a video device from AJA or BlackmagicDesign, Livegrade Pro can capture multiple camera signals. Professional cameras such as ARRI Alexa, Sony F55, and Panasonic Varicam embed extensive camera metadata into the HD-SDI outputs as so-called ancillary or ANC data. A new slot bar displays live metadata from cameras for each slot right beside the live image. All information gets stored in the new Shot Library.
Analyzing live video, framegrabs, and recorded clips
Video scopes are the tool of trade for judging exposure and white balance, and help controlling and adjusting a broad range of camera settings. Livegrade Pro offers three kinds of video analysis tools: Waveform, vector scope and a histogram. Each tool comes with settings to customize the processing and display to individual needs. The waveform also adds the display of the result curve of all current color transforms and thus integrates well into the look management and grading workflow.
What's new in version 3.8?
- FSI ScopeStream: Video scopes generated from FSI BoxIO and DM monitors within Livegrade Pro's user interface *
- ARRI ALEXA Mini and ALEXA 65: Interactive look control for ARRI cameras with the new CAP 2 protocol
- Default LUTs for RED IPP2: New default lookup tables (LUTs) for the new RED IPP2 pipeline
- Default HDR LUTs for ARRI cameras: New default LUTs for HDR transforms with ARRI cameras
* reccomended versions of firmware required to support this integration: 0.1.51 for BoxIO, 1.1.04-2223 for DM series
Remote waveform and vectorscope
Livegrade now supports the ScopeStream technology by FSI, that allows applications to remotely display waveform and vectorscope views of the live video. Livegrade Pro has a new video scope panel for waveform and vectorscope generated within BoxIO and DM monitors. The video scopes are updated continuously, so that Livegrade Pro can offer live video scopes without a capture device attached.
ARRI ALEXA Mini and ALEXA 65
Look control via ARRI CAP
With the introduction of CAP ("camera access protocol") to the Alexa Mini (SUP 5.0) and Alexa 65 (SUP 2.0), these cameras now gain the same capability for remote look control as the Alexa SXT cameras. With Livegrade Pro you can directly and interactively manipulate the look within these cameras via Wifi — without the need for further processing hardware.
What's new in version 3.7?
- Sony F65: Interactive in-camera look control of ASC-CDl values by connection Livegrade Pro directly to the Sony F65
Remote Color Control on Sony F65
Interactive control of ASC-CDL values with Livegrade Pro
The Sony F65 camera comes with built-in ASC-CDL processing capabilities. Livegrade Pro’s latest version features the option to interactively control the in-camera ASC-CDL values by linking the software directly to the Sony F65. Connection via ethernet enables long range and even WiFi connections, for more flexibility on the film set.
What's new in version 3.6?
- Flanders Scientific BoxIO: Support for dual and single channel mode of FSI BoxIO
- Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q+: Improved LUT exchange
- HD-SDI Output: Mirror the Image View in Livegrade Pro to HD-SDI with compatible third party devices (requires a compatible device such as Blackmagic Design Ultrastudio Express or 4k, DeckLink Card or Mini Monitor and AJA T-Tap, KONA or IO-series)
- ScopeBox Integration: Connect Livegrade to ScopeBox by divergent media via ScopeLink for software based scopes
- Pre-graded Signals: Enhanced handling of pre-graded HD-SDI signals as Image Sources
- Linked Looks: Link multiple slots and sync their nodes to control looks collectively
- 1D LUTs: New node to load 1D LUT files to a grade (supported formats: *.data, *.lut and *.txt)
- More flexible Loading/Saving of ASC-CDLs: Load and save ASC-CDL files (*.cdl) directly to/from CDL nodes
- Thumbnails: Update thumbnails for looks
- ACES v1.0.2: Update to ACES v1.0.2
- ACES Transforms: Download, manage and compare ACES versions
HD-SDI In and Out
Capture, live preview and output.
Besides controlling the color manipulation in LUT boxes or in cameras and monitors, Livegrade offers direct input (capture) and output (playout) of HD-SDI signals for preview within the application, saving of reference stills and clips, and even outputting live image as well as references*.
The newest Livegrade Pro version enables mirroring of the applications Image View display on HD-SDI in best quality (e.g. with split screen) and an improved still image export.
* I/O devices from AJA and Blackmagic Design are supported in Livegrade Pro.
Extensive Signal Analysis
Work with Livegrade Pro and ScopeBox.
Livegrade Pro's newest version integrates with Divergent Media's ScopeBox application which offers a variety of software emulations of classical video scopes like waveform and vectorscope plus some new ways to visualize your signal.
In combination with Livegrade Pro it enables measurement and analysis of incoming live signals from cameras. Use it for example to check for exposure or get instant analysis feedback on your live color manipulations.
Look Control on FSI Devices
Interactive look control with BoxIO and the FSI DM250 monitor
The newest version of Livegrade Pro offers full support for the FSI (Flanders Scientific) BoxIO in single and dual channel mode (in which one BoxIO functions as two LUT boxes) and natively integrates with the built-in look processing capabilities of the FSI DM250 monitor.
This means direct control via a network connection to any of these devices – in setups with or without a LUT box. Simply apply Livegrade Pro's grading modes like CDL, 3D LUT, Secondaries or ACES to incoming HD-SDI signals.
Go wireless or work without LUT box.
With Livegrade Pro's integrations for the Teradek COLR LUT box and the Canon DP-V2410 and DP-V3010 reference monitors your grading workflow on set gets more flexible than ever.
While Livegrade Pro and Teradek's COLR connect via a robust WiFi-connection to offer wireless real-time color correction, a setup with a Canon DP-V display makes it possible to go without a LUT box and use the built-in look processing capabilities of the first class monitor instead.
Color on Set
Livegrade Pro's color correction can be as simple or advanced as it needs to be.
If you're “just” using a 3D LUT and a CDL, building a complex multi-LUT pipeline, or working in the Academy's ACES system, you will always feel at home in Livegrade Pro.
Without increasing the complexity of LiveGrade's grading modes, we added new features for more expressivity and power: You can now share single grade nodes between devices, e.g. to grade multiple cameras at the same time, that need different LUT setups. Livegrade also now can load 1D LUTs and ships with the latest version 1.0.2 of ACES.
What's new in version 3.5?
- ARRI Alexa SXT: Direct color control with Livegrade Pro
- ARRI Look File: Export of ARRI Look file 2 (.aml)
- Timecode: Get TC from IS-Mini for time of saving looks
- FPS: Acquire fps from Ultrastudio when creating frame grabs
What's new in version 3.4?
Look Export and Exchange:
- Unified Export: Export all available formats from one dialog
- Pomfort Looks: Pomfort Looks and Pomfort Look Archives for direct look exchange with Silverstack 5
Livegrade Pro & Silverstack v5 Now Work Together
Streamline your look workflows.
With Livegrade Pro 3.4 you can export single looks or whole look archives and import them into Silverstack v5. The Matching Wizard automatically applies these looks to the according clips in Silverstack's library. Benefit from the interaction between Livegrade Pro and Silverstack for an all-in-one transfer of media and color metadata to common dailies and NLE tools and an enhanced QC experience thanks to Silverstack's HD-SDI output.
What's new in version 3.3?
- Canon Monitors: Use Livegrade Pro with Canon DP-V2410 and DP-V3010 broadcast monitors for interactive look control without additional LUT box
- Silverstack LUT: Export a LUT for use in Silverstack
What's new in version 3.2?
- Teradek COLR: Livegrade integrates with Teradek COLR for interactive look control
What's new in version 3.1?
- FSI DM250 Monitor: Interactive look control with Flanders Scientific DM250
- Auto Record: Sony F55 Auto Record; auto record option when using "Rec Run" timecode
What's new in version 3?
Capture and Display of HD-SDI signals:
- Capture: Save frame grabs and clips to the library
- Display: Set references to compare images in split screen mode
- Timecode: Automatic TC information for looks
Color Correction Filters:
- Multi-CDL: Use multiple CDLs and export them as one
- Secondary Color Correction: Hue based hue and saturation changes
Extended Look Library: Save looks, stills and clips to the library
Look Reports: Reports including broad look information
Dailies Workflow: Export CDLs for Dailies Production
Support for ACES 1.0:
- ACES Workflow: Livegrade supports ACES workflows with ACES v1.0.0
A detailed list of all changes can be found in the Livegrade Pro 5 changelog.
Start Your Livegrade Journey Today
Find the Best License Model for You.
Livegrade Pro is the standard software for look management on set. It integrates with a wide range of camera workflows and setups.
See pricing options