What is new?
What's new in version 5?
Video Router Control:
- Routing Visualization: Horizontal and vertical layouts of input and output ports with connections
- Interactive Router Control: Direct routing changes via drag and drop and port selection
- Auto-Detection: Directly connect video routers in the local network
- Script Automation: Run and automate scripts from within the application
- Arming of Slots: Disable or enable slots for recording
- Direct Recording: Record a slot's live image directly from the slot UI
- Auto Record: New auto-record behavior triggers record in multiple slots
- Naming: Better naming for recordings
- Contrast Slider: ASC-CDL-compatible "simple grading" (SPL) interface type with four new controls
- Lift, Gamma, Gain: ASC-CDL-compatible "lift gamma gain" (LGG) interface type with three color wheels
- Printer Lights: ASC-CDL-compatible "printer lights" (PRT) interface type with increase / decrease buttons for colors
- Color Wheels: New luma-neutral behavior of color wheels
- Master Control: New indicator for "master" level of color wheels
MIDI Controller Support:
- Buttons: Trigger any action in the main menu
- Encoders: Adjust grade controls
- LMT Node: Added new node with standard LMTs for ACES mode
- Column Selector: New UI for selecting columns for the shot table
- Non-SI Units: Imperial units for focus distance
- Colorfront Film Module: Support for AJA FS-HDR in "Colorfront Film" pipeline
- QTake Module: Support for interactive LUT and CDL integration with QTake system
- Cobalt Module: Support for Cobalt Digital 9904-UDX-4K systems
A detailed list of all changes can be found in the Livegrade Studio 5 changelog.
Interactive Router Control
Video Router Control Within the Application
Livegrade Studio comes with a new interface for interactive video router control. For situations with multiple cameras and complex routing setups the application now displays all connections between input and output ports of the video router in one overview. Any changes – also changes made externally e.g. with a hardware control panel – are instantly visible in Livegrade Studio's user interface. Users can change single routings directly by either dragging lines between ports, by selecting ports in the menu, or by using keyboard shortcuts or mapped physical MIDI controllers.
Flexible Configuration for Multi-Camera Capturing
In multi-camera productions not all cameras are used all the time. For these changing setups Livegrade Studio now comes with options for selective reference capturing. In the slot UI users can now easily "arm" and "un-arm" slots for recording. The arming setting not only applies to global recording, but also works with rec-flag triggered auto-record.
Advanced Grading Controls
Comprehensive, ASC-CDL Compatible Grading Interaction
Livegrade Studio comes with new and additional color grading interaction types. Users can now use LGG (lift-gamma-gain)-style grade controls for grading interaction known from video-based grading systems. The printer-lights controls can be used for film-based, Telecine-style color correction. Also a set of simplified controls (e.g. "Contrast", "Stretch", "Warmer", and "Greener" controls) are added for "one-knob" grade interaction. The new interaction types are fully compatible with the ASC-CDL exchange format for maximum compliance with existing workflows.
Livegrade can be extended with optional modules with functionality required in specific productions using QTake, Colorfront, or Cobalt for their workflow.
The Colorfront Film Module enables support for the proprietary Colorfront Film color pipeline. Colorfront Film is chosen by productions for it's out-of-the-box great image rendering, as well as the powerful HDR features. Users can use an AJA FS-HDR device for color grading live signals the same way as Colorfront's software products render recorded clips.
QTake is the most comprehensive video assist system in the market, and with the QTake Module users now can provide interactive look metadata to QTake. This enables improved integration between video assist and DIT stations – and enables new workflows for stereo3D, 4K, and high frame rate monitoring.
Cobalt Digital 9904-UDX-4K systems are powerful signal processing units. The OpenGear form factor allows dense installations for processing lots of simultaneous streams. With the Cobalt Module Livegrade can utilize the signal processing power of the units and use them as color grading device for camera live signals.
Start Your Livegrade Studio Journey Today
Find the Best License Model for You.
Livegrade Studio lets you handle challenging multi-camera setups intuitively, with customizable control features and powerful automation.
See pricing options
If you already have an existing Livegrade Pro subscription, you are eligible for an upgrade.