What Is New in Livegrade Studio?
Got a license key? Download the latest version in your Pomfort Account to access all listed updates.
What’s new in Livegrade Studio 6.3.3?
- Disguise Integration: Interactive grading of the LED wall’s image when connected with disguise Designer
- Report Without Thumbnails: Activate/deactivate thumbnail preview when saving reports
- Open After Creation: Activate/deactivate the automatic opening of a report (PDF) or shot metadata (CSV) after creation
- Create Shot With Still: Dedicated menu items and controller actions for creating a shot with a still taken at the playhead’s position from movie recordings loaded in the library slot
- IS-mini Framegrab: Preference option for disabling the automatic framegrab creation of IS-mini devices
- RED Camera: Receive the Clip Name ANC metadata from SDI-connected RED camera
A detailed list of all changes can be found in the Livegrade Studio 6 changelog.
Real-Time Control of CDL Grades.
Livegrade Studio integrates with the disguise Production Workflow, often used in cutting-edge virtual production environments. Via network connection, Livegrade Studio users can conveniently control any number of CDLs in a disguise Designer project to adjust the content on the LED walls in real time. Therefore camera departments benefit from using Livegrade Studio's proven feature set for look creation and efficient collaboration within their familiar tools and processes.
What’s new in Livegrade Studio 6.3?
AJA ColorBox Integration:
- Interactive Grading: Real-time grading of camera signals (HD-SDI/3G /6G /12G) on Ethernet-connected AJA ColorBox
- 4K Framegrab: Continuously refresh framegrab option for high-quality uncompressed reference stills at up to 4K resolution
- ANC Metadata: Receive horizontal and vertical ancillary metadata from a wide range of cameras
ARRI Alexa 35
- In-Camera Grading: Interactive grading via CAP (Camera Access Protocol) in the “ARRI CAP Compatible” grading mode
- Framegrab via CAP: Receive high-resolution framegrabs from ethernet-connected cameras via CAP
- ANC Metadata: Receive ANC metadata from SDI-wired cameras
- LUT Presets: Preinstalled LUTs for ARRI LogC4 signals to most common output colorspaces
AJA ColorBox Integration
Interactively Grade 6G/12G Signals and Benefit From 4K Framegrabs.
Livegrade integrates with AJA’s brand-new ColorBox LUT box unlocking real-time grading of 6G /12G SDI signals on set. The device integration enables seamless receiving of uncompressed 4K framegrabs, including full ANC metadata - even at high refresh intervals. In addition, the AJA ColorBox is connected via Ethernet, blending in effortlessly at any given position of your setup.
Livegrade’s AMF round-trip capabilities enable parametrized and precise look transfer for productions using an ACES pipeline from set to post.
What’s new in Livegrade Studio 6.2?
ACES Look Exchange
- AMF Import: ACES Metadata Files (.amf) including CLFs used in LMT nodes and exchange with third-party applications such as Colorfront’s Express Dailies
- AMF Export: Improved compatibility for advanced ACES pipelines with multiple LMT nodes (e.g., IDT > LMT1 > CDL > LMT2 > ODT)
- Load At Thumbnail Frame: Toggle between loading movies at the first frame or at the thumbnail frame’s position via the menu item “Load at Thumbnail Frame Position”
- Chinese Localization: The UI is now available in Chinese for improved usability
- macOS Compatibility: Reintroduced support for macOS 10.15
Exchange Your ACES Looks With Third-Party Applications.
Livegrade Studio supports importing and exporting the ACES Metadata File (.amf) format within ACES pipelines for workflows involving third-party applications such as Colorfront’s Express Dailies. AMFs include the complete parametrized ACES look, with ACES input/output transforms and CDL adjustments allowing a versatile look exchange. Livegrade’s non-CDL compliant grading nodes are passed on as an LMT in the Common LUT Format (.clf). Similarly, you are able to import AMFs with LMTs created by other applications - even for advanced node structures with multiple LMTs.
Livegrade’s AMF round-trip capabilities unlock parametrized and precise look transfer for productions using an ACES pipeline from set to post.
What’s new in Livegrade Studio 6.1?
Multi-Camera and Multi-Monitoring Setups:
- Show Slot Label Only: Hide the slot character from the UI and indicate slots consistently using your custom slot label text (e.g., “A-HDR”, “A-SDR” for dual monitoring setups)
- Up To 26 Slots: Control up to 26 slots (A-Z) with dedicated menu items and controller actions
- CSV Export: Export shot metadata from your shot library’s column layout as CSV for passing on metadata in a tabular form
Frame Callback on BoxIO:
- Grade Still on BoxIO: Enable an advanced option that lets you grade and update a shot when displaying its still via frame callback on FSI BoxIO devices
- IS-mini: Dedicated XPC service for IS-mini device integration improves overall stability and allows using IS-mini devices when running the application on M1 machines natively
- Smart Group Sorting: “Scene“ smart group sorting ignores letter characters in prefixes (e.g., “X “or “VFX “)
- PFLA Import: Automatic linking to media folders found under the last known path and displaying of the last know path when connecting media manually
- Linked Slots: Improved behavior when applying a look to a slot that is linked to other slots with un-synced nodes
New Menu Items and Controller Actions:
- SPL Grading: Menu items and controller actions to reset “Warmer”, “Greener”, “Contrast”, and “Stretch” parameters individually
- Saturation: Menu items and controller actions for “Increase”, “Decrease”, and “Reset” saturation
CSV Export From Shot Library
Share Your Shot Metadata as CSV Table.
Livegrade makes it easy to pass on relevant parts of your shot metadata in a tabular form. You can select your shot library's folders, bins, or smart groups and export all your current table layout columns to a CSV file.
This way, you create meaningful metadata sheets with just the columns you want to share with other departments. Furthermore, the CSV format simplifies transferring metadata into third-party applications, e.g., for VFX or post facilities.
Customize Your Slot Names
Show Slot Label Only for Using Custom Multi-Digit Slot Names.
In addition to indicating slots by the one-digit slot character (A-Z), you can choose to use your customized multi-digit “Slot Label” text. The “Show Slot Label Only” option allows more flexible and longer naming for multi-camera and multi-monitoring use cases, e.g., “A-HDR”, “A-SDR” for HDR/SDR dual monitoring setups.
In this mode, the slot UI, slot-based menu items, and the value for your “Camera” metadata field display your custom slot label text. Furthermore, a slot index number in the device manager and menu items helps to reference associated controller actions quickly.
What’s new in Livegrade Studio 6.0?
Optimized for HDR:
- Output Colorspaces: For streamlined handling of looks with different output colorspaces, e.g., with HDR-SDR dual monitoring setups:
- Set your look’s output colorspace manually or automatically for pre-installed LUT presets and ODTs
- Read and export the output colorspace of custom LUTs in the comment of the LUT file
- Output Colorspace Attribute: Inspect the output colorspace attribute of looks in the shots table and the info tab, and include the output colorspace token in wildcards
- Output Colorspace Smart Group: Filter your shot library using the output colorspace smart group
- HDR/SDR Video Scopes: Set the appropriate color primaries (Rec.709/Rec.2020) for your video scopes manually or automatically based on your look’s output colorspace
- False Color Preferences: Choose to force the false color filter to be applied on your “Graded”, “Bypass”ed or “Original” video signal for appropriate quality control of HDR video signals
- YCbCr Color Conversion: Set the YCbCr Color Conversion Matrix (Rec.709/Rec.2020) for LUT boxes and video I/O devices and pass on the appropriate attribute in recorded QuickTime movies
- Color Profile Tagging: Enable/disable color profile tagging for still images and apply the appropriate color profile for most common colorspaces (Rec.709/Rec.2020/Rec.2100 PQ/Rec.2100 HLG/sRGB)
- ACES v.1.3: Support for ACES version 1.3.0 including Reference Gamut Compress parameter for improved accuracy with extreme color ranges
- Load CLF in LMT: Load Common LUT Format (CLF) files in LMT node for convenient round-tripping in ACES workflows
- ACES Look Metadata: The metadata fields “ACES Input Transform”, “ACES Input TransformID”, “ACES Output Transform”, “ACES Output TransformID and “Reference Gamut Compress” allow inspecting ACES look metadata in the shot library and communicating relevant info via reports
- Knee Curve Node: Create simple “knee” and “toe” curve adjustments to quickly modify contrast range and limits of highlights and shadows
- Brompton Processors: Fine-tune the color balance of LED systems by controlling the 3D LUT in connected Brompton Tessera processors
- Unreal Engine Integration: Connect to Unreal Engine systems via the Pomfort Virtual LUT Box plugin (in beta) and color grade the content on LED video walls
- Jump to Thumbnail Frame: Jump to the Thumbnail Frame of your recorded movie
- Loop Playback: Loop playback of your loaded movie in the viewer window
- New Player HUD: Buttons for “Set Thumbnail Frame” and “Jump to Thumbnail Frame” and enable/disable “Loop” playback directly in the player HUD of the image viewer
- Add Media Folder and Import Media: Add a directory with media as a media folder and import its containing reference media directly (without copy process)
- Duplicate As Shot With Still Image: Duplicate your shots with movie recordings as a shot with still image at the thumbnail frame’s position
- Delete Shots And Media Independently: Delete shots and their associated media files independently to avoid conflicts with shared media folders or for transforming shots with hi-res media into “look only” shots
- Reveal Media In Finder: Reveal media files in their associated media folder directly from a contextual menu item in the shot library
Share Still Images:
- Airdrop Stills: Instantly share graded still images via Airdrop to other Apple devices directly from your shot library
Sony VENICE 2 Integration:
- Interactive Grading: Color grade on connected VENICE 2 cameras in real-time via ASC-CDL compliant nodes in the grading mode “CDL + LUT”
- Look Upload from Shot Library: Upload looks from Livegrade’s shot library onto connected VENICE 2 cameras as User 3D LUT
- Manual Look Upload: Upload the look from your current slot to connected VENICE 2 cameras as “User 3D LUT”
- Look Exchange: Benefit from auto-generated look metadata in recorded camera files
- Use All Connectors as Inputs: Use all SDI-connectors of half-duplex capture devices as inputs (e.g., AJA Io4K Plus)
- LUT Interpolation: Choose between different interpolation methods and benefit from tetrahedral interpolation for improved color accuracy on video output and still image export
- Project Settings: Labels and custom fields are now project-dependent
- Custom Fields: Assign titles for Custom fields for using individual names for your custom metadata fields
- PFLA Export / Import: Exchange your look library or a section of look presets with other users or Livegrade systems
- Apple Silicon M1 Support: Application runs natively on Apple Silicon M1 machines*
- Camera Metadata: ARRI and RED cameras connected via network can be added as a metadata-only source in all grading modes (with grading disabled)
- H.264 Record Format: Record movies in the space-saving H.264 video codec
- HEIC Still Images: Create still images in the highly-efficient HEIC format (8-Bit only)
* IS-mini device support only using Rosetta
Easily Manage Color Pipelines With Multiple Outputs.
Livegrade’s Output Colorspaces let you inspect and manage looks depending on their output colorspaces for streamlined processes in color pipelines with multiple outputs (such as HDR/SDR dual monitoring).
Output colorspaces are detected automatically for all built-in LUT presets and output transforms, allowing clear overviews for multi-monitoring pipelines and automated colorspace-dependent configuration of the video scopes.
Choose the appropriate output colorspace value for custom LUTs on import and benefit from automatic colorspace-tagging on LUT export for round-tripping with other Livegrade systems.
Sony VENICE 2 Remote Grading
Interactively Grade via ASC-CDL and Upload Looks as In-Camera LUT.
Livegrade integrates with the remote grading features of Sony VENICE 2 cameras.
You can configure the camera as interactive grading device to grade via ASC-CDL compliant grading nodes in real-time, or as non-interactive grading device to upload looks as User 3D LUT onto the camera. Furthermore, you can benefit from a streamlined color workflow using automatic look metadata in recorded camera files.
Virtual Production Integrations
Interactively Grade Content on Led Walls and Fine-Tune Image Processing.
Livegrade Studio has built-in integration for Unreal Engine and Brompton Tessera processors, extending your established digital imaging workflow to virtual production environments.
By connecting to an Unreal Engine system via the Pomfort Virtual LUT Box plugin, you can support the image composition of virtual production shoots with high-quality real-time looks. Additionally, you can modify the color balance of your LED systems by controlling the 3D LUT in connected Brompton Tessera processors. Finally, a Knee Curve grading node lets you equalize the appearance of foreground scene and video wall in no time with simple contrast curve adjustments.
Start Your Livegrade Studio Journey Today
Find the Best License Model for You.
Livegrade Studio lets you handle challenging multi-camera setups intuitively, with customizable control features and powerful automation.
If you already have an existing Livegrade Pro subscription, you are eligible for an upgrade.