What Is New in Silverstack?
What's new in version 7.2?
- RGB Curves: Apply curves to individual color channels red, green and blue
- Custom Color Curve: Apply curve adjustment to any custom color and create appealing looks like orange & teal in seconds
- Hue-Sat-Lum Curves: Apply secondary color corrections with curves for hue vs. hue, hue vs. saturation, hue vs. luma, luma vs. saturation and saturation vs. saturation
- Color Curve Modes: “RGB-Based” and “Luma-Based” allow precise color curve adjustments with or without influencing luma and saturation of colors for creating appealing looks like bleach bypass with ease
- Amount Sliders: Fine tune color grades quickly by adjusting the intensity of grading nodes
- Printer Lights: RGB master can now be precisely adjusted using color panels
- Look Matching via ShotHub: Retrieve shot information from Livegrade cloud projects for look matching
Metadata & Wildcards:
- New Metadata Fields: Shooting Day, Crew Unit, Season, Int/Ext, Day/Night
- More Custom Columns: Three additional custom columns (Custom 4-6)
- New Wildcard "Clip Name Characters": Reduce clip name length for path wildcards
- ACES Metadata File Export: Exchange grade settings and metadata in ACES workflows (works with ACES ver. 1.2 or higher)
A detailed list of all changes can be found in the Silverstack 7 changelog.
What's new in version 7.1?
- JKL Navigation: Playback, jog, and shuttle using the typical JKL keyboard shortcut controls.
- Improved Clip Scrubbing on SDI: Smoother scrubbing through clips on SDI reference monitor.
- Earlier Notice of Failed Files: Failed tasks inside a job will now be clearly visible from the jobs overview while job is still running.
- Improved Jobs View: Clearer job state display for better overview.
- Pop-up Warnings and Reminders for Unread Failed Jobs: You get warned about unread failed jobs and can set reminder notifications.
- Improved Display of Error Causes: Get details about more error causes directly in the jobs view.
- Create MHL File for Failed Jobs: Possibility to create Media Hash List (.mhl) files for failed and cancelled jobs.
Advanced Camera Support:
- Support for RED Komodo: Metadata library, thumbnails, playback, and transcoding for upcoming RED Komodo camera.
- Improved support for Tangent Wave and Wave2: Customize the user interaction with the Tangent Mapper.
Simplify QC Work With Fast and Bidirectional Clip Navigation.
Silverstack adds JKL keyboard navigation for playing, jogging and shuttling through clips. This allows for more efficient navigation in each direction.
Shuttle through multiple clips for quality control. Accurately jog to a specific frame or navigate back and forth through a certain clip to evaluate the action in detail. All possible now with JKL controls.
Earlier Notice of Failed Files.
See right from the main window and in the jobs overview if a job has a failed task while it's still running. This helps you to identify problems earlier and react appropriately.
Furthermore, you can now set warnings and reminders for unread failed jobs to never miss a failed offload. Get more details about error causes for failed copy jobs, and benefit from clearer job state icons for easier handling of possible copy errors.
What's new in version 7?
Pomfort Shothub (formerly Silverstack Cloud):
- Online Access to Your Silverstack Library: Complete insights into your current and archived production data – any time and from any location
- Multi Reports Export: Export of multiple report types simultaneously
- Reduced Report File Sizes: Five times smaller PDF reports with thumbnails plus option to choose jpg compression to reduce file size even further
- New Camera Sums Summary: Shooting Day Report with camera sum totals per camera letter
- Report Note: Include a general note in your reports (includes support for Markdown markup language)
- Shooting Day Report Improvements: Clearer clips and other files structure in summaries, flags overview and more improvements
Still Frame Grabs:
- Still Image Exports Based on Transcoding Preset: Select resolution and overlay options as for transcoding now for still image exports (XT only)
- Contrast Slider: ASC-CDL-compatible "simple grading" (SPL) interface type with four new controls
- Color Wheels: New luma-neutral behavior of color wheels
- Master Control: New indicator for "master" level of color wheels
- Improved Search Filtering for Clips: Search in concrete metadata fields to filter clips list and build search expressions for more detailed filtering
- Filter General Info: Search to filter General Info of right bar to find metadata information faster
- Rotate Clips for Vertical Video: Set left or right rotation for clips to work with video clips intended to be viewed in portrait mode
Pomfort Shothub (formerly Silverstack Cloud)
Access to Your Production Data - Any Time, from Anywhere.
Make your current Silverstack projects easily accessible online for you and for other team members. Like this you can remotely monitor the status of the project in real-time.
Benefit from complete insights into your current and archived production data with easy access even after a project ends - no matter where you are located and which device you are using.
Export Multiple Report Types with One Click.
Silverstack 7 facilitates the export process of multiple report types in one step. Like this you can for example create shooting day and clips reports with only one action in a streamlined reporting process, reducing required effort and therefore time.
Additional enhancements like reduced reporting size with many thumbnails and adding a general report note brings the reporting in Silverstack to another level.
What's new in version 6.5?
- Blackmagic RAW: Advanced camera support for Blackmagic RAW
- CODEX HDE ARRIRAW: Advanced camera support for Codex HDE ARRIRAW files (.arx)
Copy & Library:
- Improved Copy Speeds: Copy speed optimization for file sequences and high performance drives
- Scrubbing Through Clips: Smoother scrubbing through clips in player
- Library Sorting: New bin and folder sorting options for easier library organization
- Custom Keyboard Shortcuts: Define your individual shortcut for any action in the main menu
- Advanced Custom Crop Options: Crop to exact resolutions and offsets for fine control over transcoded clips and still exports
- New Output Format: H.264 and HEVC in MP4 container(.mp4): Transcode to H.264 and H.265 (HEVC) codecs in MP4 container (.mp4)
Reports & Still Exports:
- New Custom Naming Options for Reports and Still Frame Exports: File names for reports and still frames can now be customized with metadata wildcards
- Improved Audio Control: Improved manual audio sync control with audio waveform zoom (XT only)
- Panasonic Varicam AVC-Intra: Audio support for Panasonic Varicam AVC-Intra MXF clips
Working with Livegrade Pro:
- Receive Metadata from Livegrade Pro: Take over metadata from Livegrade Pro via PFLA when matching looks
Keep Your Library Alphabetically Sorted.
You can now automatically keep your Silverstack library folders and bins sorted by name or date.
This helps you to get a good overview of your library content with just one glimpse and makes it easy to spot problems like e.g. missing reel numbers.
Custom Naming Schemes
Control Stills and Report Names with Metadata Wildcards.
New naming scheme options for reports and still exports allow to automate file naming with the familiar metadata wildcards.
This enables you to create a still library with significant file names that can include e.g. timecode and slate references. Like this tedious manual renaming becomes obsolete.
What's new in version 6.4?
Copy & Verification:
- Separate Copy and Verification Jobs: Schedule separate copy and verification jobs to complete copy first and verify afterwards
- Verification States: Immediately see if any copy of a file misses verification or is defective
- Simplified Options for Standard Copy: Improved security by reducing options for default copy settings
- Identify Related Jobs: Select a job to see its dependant jobs in the jobs panel (e.g. for cascading copy or separate copy and verification jobs)
- Schedule as Next Job: Schedule new jobs to be executed at earliest possibility
- Running Jobs for Bins: Monitor in the library which bins have running jobs
- Native Video Scopes in Multiple Flavors: Waveform, histogram, vectorscope with settings (XT only)
- Support for Dynamic Lens and Camera Metadata: Extract and display dynamic metadata to reference settings per frame and in playback (XT only)
- Improved Clips Reports: Dynamic metadata is leveraged to improve reporting with metadata of first frame
- H.265/HEVC: Transcoding to H.265/HEVC (available starting from macOS 10.13)
- Tags: Enter keywords or prepare uniform favorite tags to select from
- Canon: Support for 5.9K RAW clips from Canon C700 FF (XT only)
Separate Copy and Verification per Job
Finish Copying First, Verify Afterwards.
Silverstack now allows to schedule separate copy and verification jobs for one offload procedure: Finish the copying of files first to work with them from your destination as soon as possible.
The verification process takes place independently and can also be postponed to any time afterwards.
Successful Verification at a Glance.
Each registered file copy now holds a verification state that informs clearly about defective or unverified copies and also a completely successful verification.
As the verification state accumulates up to the bins and folders, the overall status of the verification can be identified in the library outline. A defect can be traced down to the affected copy following the indicating icons.
Frame Exact Reference for Lens Settings.
Trigger the extraction of dynamic metadata to reference certain lens and camera settings of a clip on a frame per frame level. Scrub through clips or monitor metadata changing live during playback (Silverstack XT only).
Dynamic metadata extraction is supported for ARRIRAW, ARRI ProRes, REDRAW, SONY RAW/X-OCN and SONY XAVC clips.
Existing clip reports also benefit from the extended support of dynamic metadata as each clip automatically receives lens data for the first frame.
What's new in version 6.3?
- Reports with Three Thumbnails: Create Clips and Thumbnails reports including three thumbnails per clip
- Linear Timecode (LTC) Support: Extract timecode information from video clips with LTC
- Direct Transfer of Audio Sync to Adobe Premiere Pro: Create synced sequences in Premiere Pro with manual audio sync information from Silverstack (XT only)
- Crop to Aspect Ratio: Crop clips to a custom aspect ratio
- Dual LTO/LTFS Backup: Backup clips to multiple LTO/LTFS drives simultaneously (XT only)
- H.264 Bitrate Options: Enter your custom bitrate or choose intended quality for transcoding to H.264
Reports With Three Thumbnails
Enhanced Clip Reference With Multiple Thumbnails.
By including three thumbnails per clip you can add another layer of valuable information to your reports.
The content of each clip can now be referenced in more detail across the span of the entire clip, giving the production team an even better overview of the current production status.
What's new in version 6.2?
ZEISS Lens Correction:
- Lens Data from ZEISS CP.3 XD Lenses: Lens correction data can be imported (e.g. from MasterLockit Plus), exported (e.g. to Zeiss plugin for DaVinci Resolve), and used for image filtering (XT only)
- Suspension and Reordering of Copy and Transcoding Jobs: Interrupt and reorder copy and transcoding jobs for more flexibility for scheduling and resource management
- Canon: Cinema RAW Light (.CRM) from latest Canon cameras
- Kinefinity: KineRAW (.KRW) from Kinefinity cameras
- Transcoding with LUTs and Burn-ins: Up to 30% faster transcoding compared to version 6.0
- Transcoding Speed Improvements: Improved decoding for Phantom Cine RAW and SONY RAW camera formats (XT only)
- Decoding Options: Optimized ProRes option ("reduced decoding resolution") for playback and transcoding
- Audio: Audio support for ARRIRAW in MXF container
- Looks: Easy copy and paste of looks with shortcuts
- Import: Enhanced Movie Slate import options
- Clips Table View: Easier column selection
- Metadata: Renaming of custom metadata fields
Reordering and Suspension of Jobs
Optimized Flexibility for Your Copy and Transcoding Tasks.
The new reorder and suspension functionality for scheduled copy and transcoding jobs gives you full flexibility to maintain an optimized task order at any point. Reorder scheduled jobs via drag and drop or suspend running jobs to automatically be interrupted after the next file finishes.
The fine grained control over your order of operations is completed by a new queue visualization. Squeezing in a new card at the top of the copy queue or moving your workstation without loosing copy progress are only two common tasks that now became much easier.
What's new in version 6.1?
- Project Settings Export/Import: Transfer project settings and create project templates including offload templates, library folder structure, smart folders and transcoding configurations
- Audible Frame Stepping: Hear audio while stepping through a clip
- Canon: Uncompressed RAW from EOS C700 (.RMF)
- RED IPP2: Enabling RED Image Processing Pipeline 2 for custom looks
Transfer of Project Settings
Easily Start New Projects with Your Custom Settings.
Prepare custom project settings that can be exported and imported in Silverstack. Within seconds you are set up to work with the same folder structure, offload templates and smart folders you use every day.
Create your own default project template and also transfer it to other machines. This gives you more flexibility and the freedom to take your Silverstack setup with you to every new job.
What's new in version 6?
- Audio Clips: Playback and metadata for multi-track audio clips in the clip library
- Manual Audio Sync: Add audio tracks to video clips and sync by slate
- Window Configurations: Short cuts for activity-tailored user interface configurations
- 2nd-Display: Clip collection and player on second display
- Side-By-Side: Grid View with two clips side-by-side
- Speed Improvements: Accelerated transcoding to ProRes and H.264 formats
- Managed Transcodes: Transcoded files are managed in the clip library
- Overlays: Timecode burn-in and watermark
- Transcoding Configurations: Store custom configurations for transcoding jobs
- Adobe Premiere Export: Transfer of clip list with metadata
Manage and Playback Sound Files with Metadata.
Silverstack reads extended metadata such as timecode and slate information from BWAV files and other formats, and automatically groups together track files that belong to one clip. You can playback multi-track audio clips (solo and grouped) and individually adjust level and panning for the stereo-mixdown.
In addition to that, Silverstack XT allows to manually sync audio to a video clip by setting slate markers in video and audio.
Export H.264 and Apple ProRes Files for Review.
Silverstack's transcoding engine has been improved to be much faster and also comes with new features. Choose from typical burn-in options or apply a watermark or overlay to the transcoded clips.
All transcoded clips are managed in Silverstack's library and are available to the powerful management features of Silverstack such as backup, report, or playback.
Silverstack XT also allows to create multiple, custom transcoding configurations, that can even be run simultaneously in one transcoding job.
Tons of Improvements
Workflow Support for Adobe Premiere and New Window Configurations.
Silverstack adds export of metadata to Adobe Premiere to the list of supported post production tools. Open a clip lists from Silverstack together with metadata directly in Premiere.
Silverstack comes with easy access to different window configurations, that are tailored to certain activities on set, such as management, QC, or color grading. Window configurations get all the user interface elements out of the way that are not needed and put the focus on the user's current task.
In addition Silverstack XT allows to place user interface elements such as the clip collection on a second display. For improved QC, Silverstack XT now offers a side-by-side mode of the player, that can display two clips simultaneously.
What's new in version 5.3?
- Improved Dailies and transfer functions: Transfer clip metadata to DaVinci Resolve (via CSV for Resolve 12.5 or later)
Color Grading Features:
- Import/Export: Load and save ASC-CDLs, import 1D LUT files
- ACES: Download of ACES versions and update to ACES v1.0.2.
Quality Check Improvements::
- Image sequences: Advanced support for additional image sequence formats.
Improved Dailies and Transfer Features
Speed up your entire data management process.
Silverstack's newest version offers new and customized functionalities to transfer clips including ASC-CDL color and media metadata to Assimilate Scratch, AVID Media Composer or DaVinci Resolve (Resolve 12.5 or later now with CSV transfer).
Benefit from the new look support for transcoding options and make color metadata part of your exports.
What's new in version 5.2?
Travel Drive Sealing:
- Sealing: Seal entire volumes
- Import: Import sealed library archives
- Seal Management: Get seal info, delete seals and re-seal drives
Quality Check Improvements:
- Easy Ingest: Easily add files to the library without copying
Streamlined Color Workflow:
- Improved Dailies and transfer functions: Transfer clip and color information to Assimilate Scratch (via ALE)
Travel Drive Sealing
Set the Basis for a Complete and Consistent Data Transfer.
Silverstack 5.2 introduces the possibility to „seal“ entire travel drives. The sealing functionality extends the widely used MHL checksum technology and allows Silverstack to make a full inventory list of a drive.
It is possible to verify the consistency and completeness of the data at any time later with our free tool Pomfort SealVerify. Learn more...
What's new in version 5.1?
- Divergent Media: Use ScopeBox to analyse the clip assets in your library
Advanced Support for New Formats:
- ARRI: ARRIRAW from ALEXA Mini (MXF)
- Panasonic: VRAW from VariCam 35
Extended Device Support for HD-SDI Output:
- AJA: AJA T-TAP, AJA KONA series, AJA Io series
Extensive Clip Analysis
Work with Silverstack and ScopeBox.
Silverstack XT's newest version integrates with Divergent Media's ScopeBox application which offers a variety of software emulations of classical video scopes like waveform and vectorscope plus some new ways to visualize your signal.
In combination with Silverstack XT it enables measurement and analysis of the clip assets in your Silverstack XT library. Use it for example to check your media for clipping or get instant analysis feedback on color manipulations.
What's new in version 5?
Color Grading Features:
- Typical Grade Controls: Choose from different grading modes and manipulate your grade interactively for each clip
- Look Library: Store looks and manage color decisions for your entire project
- Look Integration: Grading panel support, look preview, look metadata in reports, and transcoding of clips with custom looks
Quality Check Improvements:
- HD-SDI Output: Review your clips in full quality
- Frame Lines: Check your framing in the media player, and enable frame lines for the HD-SDI output
Streamlined Color Workflow:
- Look import from Livegrade Pro: Export single or multiple looks from Livegrade and import them into Silverstack
- Look Matching: Automatically match look metadata from Livegrade to source clips in Silverstack
- Improved Dailies and transfer functions: Transfer clip and color information to Dailies and NLE tools like DaVinci Resolve or Avid Media Composer
Silverstack's Features – What Is New in v5?
Watch the Screencast!
Learn everything about the changes and new features of Silverstack in our latest screencast.
Color Grading and Look Library
Streamline your look workflows.
The latest version of Silverstack comes with extensive color grading functionalities. Manipulate looks interactively with typical grade controls, create an individual grade for each clip and build a Look Library to manage looks for an entire project.
For a better integration import single looks or whole look archives from Livegrade Pro. The Matching Wizard automatically applies these looks to the according clips in Silverstack's library.
Take QC to the next level with the best possible quality.
For an enhanced QC experience Silverstack XT 5 now enables HD-SDI monitoring with a 10-bit color depth. The new miniplayer is a convenient local visualization of the current output while you can browse the clip library and organize your media. Advanced support for additional image sequence formats helps e.g. to playback and transcode timelapse sequences.
Start Your Silverstack Journey Today
Compare and Find the Best Version for You.
Silverstack is the standard software for on-set data management in all kinds of professional film productions.
Silverstack XT extends Silverstack with an advanced feature set including support for additional formats, HD-SDI output and more.