What's new in version 7?
- Online Access to Your Silverstack Library: Complete insights into your current and archived production data – any time and from any location.
- Multi Reports Export: Export of multiple report types simultaneously
- Reduced Report File Sizes: Five times smaller PDF reports with thumbnails plus option to choose jpg compression to reduce file size even further
- New Camera Sums Summary: Shooting Day Report with camera sum totals per camera letter
- Report Note: Include a general note in your reports (includes support for Markdown markup language)
- Shooting Day Report Improvements: Clearer clips and other files structure in summaries, flags overview and more improvements
Still Frame Grabs:
- Still Image Exports Based on Transcoding Preset: Select resolution and overlay options as for transcoding now for still image exports
- Wipe View: Compare two selected clips in the player side-by-side (vertically or horizontally) and wipe a split position between them
- Contrast Slider: ASC-CDL-compatible "simple grading" (SPL) interface type with four new controls
- Lift, Gamma, Gain: ASC-CDL-compatible "lift gamma gain" (LGG) interface type with three color wheels
- Printer Lights: ASC-CDL-compatible "printer lights" (PRT) interface type with increase / decrease buttons for colors
- Color Wheels: New luma-neutral behavior of color wheels
- Master Control: New indicator for "master" level of color wheels
- Improved Search Filtering for Clips: Search in concrete metadata fields to filter clips list and build search expressions for more detailed filtering
- Filter General Info: Search to filter General Info of right bar to find metadata information faster
- Rotate Clips for Vertical Video: Set left or right rotation for clips to work with video clips intended to be viewed in portrait mode
Access to Your Production Data - Any Time, from Anywhere
Make your current Silverstack projects easily accessible online for you and for other team members. Like this you can remotely monitor the status of the project in real-time.
Benefit from complete insights into your current and archived production data with easy access even after a project ends - no matter where you are located and which device you are using.
Compare Two Clips in the Player – Side by Side
The wipe view extends the available grid view with another helpful comparison mode that assists dailies grading. Work on a consistent look across scenes by comparing two selected clips in the player.
The image wipe allows to wipe a splitter across one frame of two compared clips vertically or horizontally, to match the look of clips and adjust for consistency.
Export Multiple Report Types with One Click
Silverstack 7 facilitates the export process of multiple report types in one step. Like this you can for example create shooting day and clips reports with only one action in a streamlined reporting process, reducing required effort and therefore time.
Additional enhancements like reduced reporting size with many thumbnails and adding a general report note brings the reporting in Silverstack to another level.
What's new in version 6.5?
Dailies & Proxies:
- Create AAF Files for Avid Media Composer: Speed up and simplify Media Composer editing workflows by creating AAF files
- New Output Format: DNx in QT Container (.mov): Transcode to DNx codecs in Quicktime (.mov) container
- Advanced Custom Crop Options: Crop to exact resolutions and offsets for fine control over transcoded clips and still exports
- New Output Format: H.264 and HEVC in MP4 Container(.mp4): Transcode to H.264 and H.265 (HEVC) codecs in MP4 container (.mp4)
- Custom Keyboard Shortcuts: Define your individual shortcut for any action in the main menu
- Audio Waveform Zoom: New audio details panel enables more detailed sound sync control and subframe audio slipping
- Panasonic Varicam AVC-Intra: Audio support for Panasonic Varicam AVC-Intra MXF clips
- Blackmagic RAW: Advanced camera support for Blackmagic RAW
- CODEX HDE ARRIRAW: Advanced camera support for Codex HDE ARRIRAW files (.arx)
Copy & Library:
- Improved Copy Speeds: Copy speed optimization for file sequences and high performance drives
- Scrubbing Through Clips: Smoother scrubbing through clips in player
- Library Sorting: New bin and folder sorting options for easier library organization
Reports & Still Exports:
- New Custom Naming Options for Reports and Still Frame Exports: File names for reports and still frames can now be customized with metadata wildcards
- ARRI Webgate: Automatic export of metadata file to transmit information to ARRI Webgate
Working with Livegrade Pro:
- Receive Metadata from Livegrade Pro: Take over metadata from Livegrade Pro via PFLA when matching looks
AAF files for Avid Media Composer
Simplify Editing Workflows.
Silverstack Lab now allows to create AAF files for editing in Avid Media Composer. The AAFs are created in addition to video and sound MXFs when transcoding proxy clips for editing.
The created AAF files can directly be dragged into an Avid Media Composer bin. This way the ingest process for editing workflows is simplified: Individual workflow steps are reduced and the possibility of errors gets minimized.
Audio Waveform Zoom
Detailed Sound Sync Control.
The new audio details panel provides an accurate view on the waveform of synced audio tracks. It enables you to zoom into the audio waveform to review audio sync visually.
Finer audio slip options help to adjust audio more precisely. Detailed timecode rulers and waveform amplification complete the tool set to work most efficiently on accurately synced audio.
Keep Your Library Alphabetically Sorted.
You can now automatically keep your Silverstack library folders and bins sorted by name or date.
This helps you to get a good overview of your library content with just one glimpse and makes it easy to spot problems like e.g. missing reel numbers.
Custom Naming Schemes
Control Stills and Report Names with Metadata Wildcards.
New naming scheme options for reports and still exports allow to automate file naming with the familiar metadata wildcards.
This enables you to create a still library with significant file names that can include e.g. timecode and slate references. Like this tedious manual renaming becomes obsolete.
What's new in version 6.4?
- Native Video Scopes in Multiple Flavors: Waveform, histogram, vectorscope with settings
Copy & Verification:
- Separate Copy and Verification Jobs: Schedule separate copy and verification jobs to complete copy first and verify afterwards
- Verification States: Immediately see if any copy of a file misses verification or is defective
- Simplified Options for Standard Copy: Improved security by reducing options for default copy settings
- Identify Related Jobs: Select a job to see its dependant jobs in the jobs panel (e.g. for cascading copy or separate copy and verification jobs)
- Schedule as Next Job: Schedule new jobs to be executed at earliest possibility
- Running Jobs for Bins: Monitor in the library which bins have running jobs
- Canon: Support for 5.9K RAW clips from Canon C700 FF
- Support for Dynamic Lens and Camera Metadata: Extract and display dynamic metadata to reference settings per frame and in playback
- Improved Clips Reports: Dynamic metadata is leveraged to improve reporting with metadata of first frame
- Dynamic Metadata Burn Ins: Transcode clips with dynamic metadata visibly embedded in the clip
- COPRA Dailies System: Automatic export of metadata file for COPRA dailies system
- H.265/HEVC: Transcoding to H.265/HEVC (available starting from macOS 10.13)
- Tags: Enter keywords or prepare uniform favorite tags to select from
Analyze Clips to Assure Best Dailies Quality.
Silverstack Lab offers three kinds of video analysis tools: Waveform, vector scope and a histogram. Each tool comes with settings to customize the processing and display to individual needs.
With their docked mode the scopes integrate well into the grading UI and provide the right tool set to assure maximum quality for your dailies.
Separate Copy and Verification per Job
Finish Copying First, Verify Afterwards.
Silverstack now allows to schedule separate copy and verification jobs for one offload procedure: Finish the copying of files first to work with them from your destination as soon as possible.
The verification process takes place independently and can also be postponed to any time afterwards.
Successful Verification at a Glance.
Each registered file copy now holds a verification state that informs clearly about defective or unverified copies and also a completely successful verification.
As the verification state accumulates up to the bins and folders, the overall status of the verification can be identified in the library outline. A defect can be traced down to the affected copy following the indicating icons.
Frame Exact Reference for Lens Settings.
Trigger the extraction of dynamic metadata to reference certain lens and camera settings of a clip on a frame per frame level. Scrub through clips or monitor metadata changing live during playback.
Dynamic metadata extraction is supported for ARRIRAW, ARRI ProRes, REDRAW, SONY RAW/X-OCN and SONY XAVC clips.
Existing clip reports also benefit from the extended support of dynamic metadata as each clip automatically receives lens data for the first frame.
What's new in version 6.3?
- Support for External GPUs: Use external GPUs to improve transcoding speeds for specific formats
- Custom Frame Lines: Frame line burn-ins now support custom aspect ratios
- H.264 Bitrate Options: Enter your custom bitrate or choose intended quality for transcoding to H.264
- Linear Timecode (LTC) Support: Extract timecode information from video clips with LTC
- Direct Transfer of Audio Sync to Adobe Premiere Pro: Create synced sequences in Premiere Pro with audio sync information from Silverstack Lab
- Reports with Three Thumbnails: Create Clips and Thumbnails reports including three thumbnails per clip
- Crop to Aspect Ratio: Crop clips to a custom aspect ratio
- Dual LTO/LTFS Backup: Backup clips to multiple LTO/LTFS drives simultaneously
Reports With Three Thumbnails
Enhanced Clip Reference With Multiple Thumbnails.
By including three thumbnails per clip you can add another layer of valuable information to your reports.
The content of each clip can now be referenced in more detail across the span of the entire clip, giving the production team an even better overview of the current production status.
Support for Linear Timecode (LTC)
Streamlined Dailes Creation for Clips with LTC
For some cameras, in order to share the same time code, an external LTC audio source is necessary. Silverstack Lab reads the LTC, extracts the timecode information, and uses it as TC for the video clip.
The new feature significantly simplifies dailies creation in Silverstack Lab for video clips with LTC. External audio can automatically be synced, and looks from Livegrade Pro can be matched conveniently using the extracted timecode.
What's new in version 6.2?
ZEISS Lens Correction:
- Lens Data from ZEISS CP.3 XD Lenses: Lens correction data can be imported (e.g. from MasterLockit Plus), exported (e.g. to Zeiss plugin for DaVinci Resolve), and used for image filtering
- Transcoding with LUTs and Burn-ins: Up to 30% faster transcoding compared to version 6.0
- Transcoding Speed Improvements: Improved decoding for Phantom Cine RAW and SONY RAW camera formats
- Combined Clip Transcoding: Transcode multiple source clip to one combined clip for easier sharing and review
- Decoding Options: Optimized ProRes option ("reduced decoding resolution") for playback and transcoding
- Drylab: Handover of clips and metadata to Drylab Creator
- Suspension and Reordering of Copy and Transcoding Jobs: Interrupt and reorder copy and transcoding jobs for more flexibility for scheduling and resource management
- Canon: Cinema RAW Light (.CRM) from latest Canon cameras
- Kinefinity: KineRAW (.KRW) from Kinefinity cameras
- Audio: Audio support for ARRIRAW in MXF container
- Looks: Easy copy and paste of looks with shortcuts
- Import: Enhanced Movie Slate import options
- Clips Table View: Easier column selection
- Metadata: Renaming of custom metadata fields
Reordering and Suspension of Jobs
Optimized Flexibility for Your Copy and Transcoding Tasks.
The new reorder and suspension functionality for scheduled copy and transcoding jobs gives you full flexibility to maintain an optimized task order at any point. Reorder scheduled jobs via drag and drop or suspend running jobs to automatically be interrupted after the next file finishes.
The fine grained control over your order of operations is completed by a new queue visualization. Squeezing in a new card at the top of the copy queue or moving your workstation without loosing copy progress are only two common tasks that now became much easier.
Combined Clip Transcoding
Five Scenes – One Clip.
Create one clip for complete scenes or shooting days with the new combined clip transcoding. Supporting H.264 and ProRes codecs, combined clips can help to simplify sharing and review processes among different people involved in the production.
This way editors or productions can get a fast and easy overview of what has been created in one single timeline.
Faster Transcoding Speeds Compared to Silverstack Lab 6.0.
Compared to version 6.0 Silverstack Lab has gained even higher overall transcoding speeds by optimizing the application of LUTs and burn-ins. Decoding for Phantom Cine Raw and SONY RAW has also been optimized explicitly for Silverstack Lab 6.2, now enabling a competitive transcoding speed across a broad range of formats.
By supporting simultaneous transcoding to format combinations like e.g. DNxHD36 1080p and H.264 720p in a single pass, Silverstack Lab is highly targeted on typical dailies use cases. This results in vast speed advantages over other application.
What's new in version 6.1?
- Project Settings Export/Import: Transfer project settings and create project templates including transcoding configurations, library folder structure, offload templates and smart folders
- DNx Formats: Improved naming and audio support for DNx formats
- Transcoding Options: New burn-in and black bar options for transcoding
- Audio Sync: Easier adjustment, re-sync and batch editing of external audio clips
- Audible Frame Stepping: Hear audio while stepping through a clip
- RED IPP2: Enabling RED Image Processing Pipeline 2 for custom looks
- Canon: Uncompressed RAW from EOS C700 (.RMF)
Easily Start New Projects with Your Custom Settings.
Prepare custom project settings that can be exported and imported in Silverstack. Within seconds you are set up to work with the same folder structure, transcoding configurations and offload templates you use every day.
Create your own default project template and also transfer it to other machines. This helps you to easily assure proper dailies creation by remotely preparing transcoding configurations before the shoot.
What's new in Silverstack Lab?
Silverstack Lab is based on all the production proof features of Silverstack and Silverstack XT. We added a full set of features for a streamlined dailies workflow. You can see the details below.
- Audio Clips: Multi-track audio clips with metadata in the clip library with playback
- Manual Audio Sync: Add audio tracks to video clips and sync by slate
- Automatic Audio Sync: Timecode-based syncing of video and audio clips
- Avid DNxHD support: Transcoding to native DNxHD in MXF container for Avid Media Composer
- Speed Improvements: Accelerated transcoding to ProRes and H.264 (including support for 2nd GPU)
- Managed Transcodes: Transcoded files are managed in clip library
- Overlays: Frame lines, extended metadata burn-in and watermark
- Multi-Channel Audio: Source audio tracks in transcoded clips
- Transcoding Configurations: Store custom configurations for transcoding jobs
- Workflow Support: Automatic export of metadata for target application
- Conform Options: Detailed configuration of clip and reel names in transcodes and metadata
- Adobe Premiere Export: Transfer of clip list with metadata
- Window Configurations: Shortcuts for activity-tailored user interface configurations
- 2nd-Display: Clip collection and player on second display
- Side-By-Side: Grid-View with up to twelve clips side-by-side
Manage and Sync Sound Files.
Silverstack Lab reads extended metadata from BWAV files and other audio formats, and automatically groups together track files that belong to one clip. You can automatically match and sync audio and video clips by timecode information, and it's also possible to manually sync audio and video by setting slate markers.
Silverstack Lab supports playback multi-track audio and video clips (solo and grouped). Individually adjust level and panning of internal and external audio tracks for the stereo-mixdown used in rushes and dailies.
Silverstack Lab's hybrid GPU/CPU-based transcoding engine reaches impressive speeds (e.g. by utilizing multithreading and multiple GPUs), that makes it possible to transcode multiple dailies deliverables at the same time on a single Mac notebook fast enough to cover the dailies process for an entire shooting day.
Silverstack Lab adds new features such as various burn-in
options, watermarks, and frameline overlays for your production's specific needs. You can also create clips with multiple original audio tracks.
All transcoded clips are managed in Silverstack's library and are part of the workflow statistics, that help you get a quick overview of the status of your day's work.
Examples of Transcoding Speed
New MacBook Pro (15”, Late 2016) with Silverstack Lab 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 (AMD Radeon Pro 450):
* Multiple formats are transcoded simultaneously
ARRIRAW in Open Gate, 3414x2198 resolution and debayered in half-res quality. H.264 is in 720p resolution, ProRes 422 LT is in 1080p resolution. No look and overlay is applied.
The hardware setup needs fast disk I/O (e.g. a SSD RAID). The ARRIRAW transcoding example requires roughly 720 MB/sec read speed to encode ARRIRAW material to DNxHD 155 and H.264 in 21 minutes (1h of ARRIRAW at 24 fps has a size of approx. 996 GB). The transcoding speed is equivalent to 62 frames/sec decoding speed for the ARRIRAW material and 124 frames/sec encoding speed for the simultaneous creation of DNxHD and H.264.
Supporting Post-Production Workflows
Fine-Tuning for Metadata Transfers.
The process of creating dailies has to have the overall workflow in mind – from editorial to conform and finishing. Therefore Silverstack Lab let's you fine-tune the metadata that goes into and travels with the dailies. Depending on the chosen destination application (such as Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere, or DaVinci Resolve) you can set for example the type of clip and "tape" names in such detail, that no workflow will be left behind. In Silverstack Lab's transcoding configurations you can set which and how metadata files should be automatically created after finishing the transcoding jobs.
Tons of Improvements
Window Configurations and Multi-Clip Grid View.
Silverstack comes with easy access to different window configurations, that are tailored to specific activities on set, such as management, QC, color grading, or configuring the transcoding process. Window configurations get all the user interface elements out of the way that are not needed at the moment and puts the focus on the user's current task with just one click.
Silverstack Lab allows to place user interface elements such as a clip collection on a second display. For improved look management and QC, Silverstack Lab offers a side-by-side mode of the player, that can display up to twelve clips simultaneously – either on the computer display or on the HD-SDI output.
Start Your Silverstack Lab Journey Today
Find the Best License Model for You.
Silverstack Lab enables a simultaneous handling of data management and dailies creation in one tool.
See Pricing Options
If you already have an existing Silverstack/XT subscription, you are eligible for an upgrade.