What's new in version 6.1?
- Project Settings Export/Import: Transfer project settings and create project templates including transcoding configurations, library folder structure, offload templates and smart folders
- DNx Formats: Improved naming and audio support for DNx formats
- Transcoding Options: New burn-in and black bar options for transcoding
- Audio Sync: Easier adjustment, re-sync and batch editing of external audio clips
- Audible Frame Stepping: Hear audio while stepping through a clip
- RED IPP2: Enabling RED Image Processing Pipeline 2 for custom looks
- Canon: Uncompressed RAW from EOS C700 (.RMF)
Easily Start New Projects with Your Custom Settings.
Prepare custom project settings that can be exported and imported in Silverstack. Within seconds you are set up to work with the same folder structure, transcoding configurations and offload templates you use every day.
Create your own default project template and also transfer it to other machines. This helps you to easily assure proper dailies creation by remotely preparing transcoding configurations before the shoot.
What's new in Silverstack Lab?
Silverstack Lab is based on all the production proof features of Silverstack and Silverstack XT. We added a full set of features for a streamlined dailies workflow. You can see the details below.
- Audio Clips: Multi-track audio clips with metadata in the clip library with playback
- Manual Audio Sync: Add audio tracks to video clips and sync by slate
- Automatic Audio Sync: Timecode-based syncing of video and audio clips
- Avid DNxHD support: Transcoding to native DNxHD in MXF container for Avid Media Composer
- Speed Improvements: Accelerated transcoding to ProRes and H.264 (including support for 2nd GPU)
- Managed Transcodes: Transcoded files are managed in clip library
- Overlays: Frame lines, extended metadata burn-in and watermark
- Multi-Channel Audio: Source audio tracks in transcoded clips
- Transcoding Configurations: Store custom configurations for transcoding jobs
- Workflow Support: Automatic export of metadata for target application
- Conform Options: Detailed configuration of clip and reel names in transcodes and metadata
- Adobe Premiere Export: Transfer of clip list with metadata
- Window Configurations: Shortcuts for activity-tailored user interface configurations
- 2nd-Display: Clip collection and player on second display
- Side-By-Side: Grid-View with up to twelve clips side-by-side
Manage and Sync Sound Files.
Silverstack Lab reads extended metadata from BWAV files and other audio formats, and automatically groups together track files that belong to one clip. You can automatically match and sync audio and video clips by timecode information, and it's also possible to manually sync audio and video by setting slate markers.
Silverstack Lab supports playback multi-track audio and video clips (solo and grouped). Individually adjust level and panning of internal and external audio tracks for the stereo-mixdown used in rushes and dailies.
Silverstack Lab's hybrid GPU/CPU-based transcoding engine reaches impressive speeds (e.g. by utilizing multithreading and multiple GPUs), that makes it possible to transcode multiple dailies deliverables at the same time on a single Mac notebook fast enough to cover the dailies process for an entire shooting day.
Silverstack Lab adds new features such as various burn-in
options, watermarks, and frameline overlays for your production's specific needs. You can also create clips with multiple original audio tracks.
All transcoded clips are managed in Silverstack's library and are part of the workflow statistics, that help you get a quick overview of the status of your day's work.
Examples of Transcoding Speed
New MacBook Pro (15”, Late 2016) with Silverstack Lab 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 (AMD Radeon Pro 450):
* Multiple formats are transcoded simultaneously
ARRIRAW in Open Gate, 3414x2198 resolution and debayered in half-res quality. H.264 is in 720p resolution, ProRes 422 LT is in 1080p resolution. No look and overlay is applied.
The hardware setup needs fast disk I/O (e.g. a SSD RAID). The ARRIRAW transcoding example requires roughly 720 MB/sec read speed to encode ARRIRAW material to DNxHD 155 and H.264 in 21 minutes (1h of ARRIRAW at 24 fps has a size of approx. 996 GB). The transcoding speed is equivalent to 62 frames/sec decoding speed for the ARRIRAW material and 124 frames/sec encoding speed for the simultaneous creation of DNxHD and H.264.
Supporting Post-Production Workflows
Fine-Tuning for Metadata Transfers.
The process of creating dailies has to have the overall workflow in mind – from editorial to conform and finishing. Therefore Silverstack Lab let's you fine-tune the metadata that goes into and travels with the dailies. Depending on the chosen destination application (such as Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere, or DaVinci Resolve) you can set for example the type of clip and "tape" names in such detail, that no workflow will be left behind. In Silverstack Lab's transcoding configurations you can set which and how metadata files should be automatically created after finishing the transcoding jobs.
Tons of Improvements
Window Configurations and Multi-Clip Grid View.
Silverstack comes with easy access to different window configurations, that are tailored to specific activities on set, such as management, QC, color grading, or configuring the transcoding process. Window configurations get all the user interface elements out of the way that are not needed at the moment and puts the focus on the user's current task with just one click.
Silverstack Lab allows to place user interface elements such as a clip collection on a second display. For improved look management and QC, Silverstack Lab offers a side-by-side mode of the player, that can display up to twelve clips simultaneously – either on the computer display or on the HD-SDI output.
Start Your Silverstack Lab Journey Today
Find the Best Version for You.
Silverstack Lab enables a simultaneous handling of data management and dailies creation in one tool.
See Pricing Options
If you already have an existing Silverstack/XT subscription, you are eligible for an upgrade.