What Is New in Livegrade Pro?
Got a license key? Download the latest version in your Pomfort Account to access all listed updates.
What’s new in Livegrade Pro 6.1?
- Show Slot Label Only: Hide the slot character from the UI and indicate slots consistently using your custom slot label text (e.g., “A-HDR”, “A-SDR” for dual monitoring setups)
- CSV Export: Export shot metadata from your shot library’s column layout as CSV for passing on metadata in tabular form
Frame Callback on BoxIO
- Grade Still on BoxIO: Enable an advanced option that lets you grade and update a shot when displaying its still via frame callback on FSI BoxIO devices
- IS-mini: Dedicated XPC service for IS-mini device integration improves overall stability and allows using IS-mini devices when running the application on M1 machines natively
- Smart Group Sorting: “Scene“ smart group sorting ignores letter characters in prefixes (e.g., “X “or “VFX“)
- PFLA Import: Automatic linking to media folders found under the last known path and displaying of the last know path when connecting media manually
- Linked Slots: Improved behavior when applying a look to a slot that is linked to other slots with un-synced nodes
New Menu Items and Controller Actions
- SPL Grading: Menu items and controller actions to reset “Warmer”, “Greener”, “Contrast”, and “Stretch” parameters individually
- Saturation: Menu items and controller actions for “Increase”, “Decrease”, and “Reset” saturation
A detailed list of all changes can be found in the Livegrade Pro 6 changelog.
CSV Export From Shot Library
Share Your Shot Metadata as CSV Table.
Livegrade makes it easy to pass on relevant parts of your shot metadata in tabular form. You can select your shot library’s folders, bins, or smart groups and export all your current table layout columns to a CSV file.
This way, you create meaningful metadata sheets, containing only the columns you want to share with other departments. Furthermore, the CSV format simplifies transferring metadata into third-party applications, e.g., for VFX or post facilities.
Customize Your Slot Names
Show Slot Label Only for Using Custom Multi-Digit Slot Names.
In addition to indicating slots by the one-digit slot character (A-Z), you can choose to use your customized multi-digit “Slot Label” text. The “Show Slot Label Only” option allows more flexible and longer naming for multi-camera and multi-monitoring use cases, e.g., “A-HDR”, “A-SDR” for HDR/SDR dual monitoring setups.
In this mode, the slot UI, slot-based menu items, and the value for your “Camera” metadata field display your custom slot label text. Furthermore, a slot index number in the device manager and menu items helps to reference associated controller actions quickly.
What’s new in Livegrade Pro 6.0?
Optimized for HDR:
- Output Colorspaces: For streamlined handling of looks with different output colorspaces, e.g., with HDR-SDR dual monitoring setups:
- Set your look’s output colorspace manually or automatically for pre-installed LUT presets and ODTs
- Read and export the output colorspace of custom LUTs in the comment of the LUT file
- Output Colorspace Attribute: Inspect the output colorspace attribute of looks in the shots table and the info tab, and include the output colorspace token in wildcards
- Output Colorspace Smart Group: Filter your shot library using the output colorspace smart group
- HDR/SDR Video Scopes: Set the appropriate color primaries (Rec.709/Rec.2020) for your video scopes manually or automatically based on your look’s output colorspace
- False Color Preferences: Choose to force the false color filter to be applied on your “Graded”, “Bypass”ed or “Original” video signal for appropriate quality control of HDR video signals
- YCbCr Color Conversion: Set the YCbCr Color Conversion Matrix (Rec.709/Rec.2020) for LUT boxes and video I/O devices and pass on the appropriate attribute in recorded QuickTime movies
- Color Profile Tagging: Enable/disable color profile tagging for still images and apply the appropriate color profile for most common colorspaces (Rec.709/Rec.2020/Rec.2100 PQ/Rec.2100 HLG/sRGB)
- ACES v.1.3: Support for ACES version 1.3.0 including Reference Gamut Compress parameter for improved accuracy with extreme color ranges
- Load CLF in LMT: Load Common LUT Format (CLF) files in LMT node for convenient round-tripping in ACES workflows
- ACES Look Metadata: The metadata fields “ACES Input Transform”, “ACES Input TransformID”, “ACES Output Transform”, “ACES Output TransformID and “Reference Gamut Compress” allow inspecting ACES look metadata in the shot library and communicating relevant info via reports
- Knee Curve Node: Create simple “knee” and “toe” curve adjustments to quickly modify contrast range and limits of highlights and shadows
- Jump to Thumbnail Frame: Jump to the Thumbnail Frame of your recorded movie
- Loop Playback: Loop playback of your loaded movie in the viewer window
- New Player HUD: Buttons for “Set Thumbnail Frame” and “Jump to Thumbnail Frame” and enable/disable “Loop” playback directly in the player HUD of the image viewer
- Duplicate As Shot With Still Image: Duplicate your shots with movie recordings as a shot with still image at the thumbnail frame’s position
- Delete Shots And Media Independently: Delete shots and their associated media files independently to avoid conflicts with shared media folders or for transforming shots with hi-res media into “look only” shots
- Reveal Media In Finder: Reveal media files in their associated media folder directly from a contextual menu item in the shot library
Share Still Images:
- Airdrop Stills: Instantly share graded still images via Airdrop to other Apple devices directly from your shot library
Sony VENICE 2 Integration:
- Interactive Grading: Color grade on connected VENICE 2 cameras in real-time via ASC-CDL compliant nodes in the grading mode “CDL + LUT”
- Look Upload from Shot Library: Upload looks from Livegrade’s shot library onto connected VENICE 2 cameras as User 3D LUT
- Manual Look Upload: Upload the look from your current slot to connected VENICE 2 cameras as “User 3D LUT”
- Look Exchange: Benefit from auto-generated look metadata in recorded camera files
- Use All Connectors as Inputs: Use all SDI-connectors of half-duplex capture devices as inputs (e.g., AJA Io4K Plus)
- LUT Interpolation: Choose between different interpolation methods and benefit from tetrahedral interpolation for improved color accuracy on video output and still image export
- Project Settings: Labels and custom fields are now project-dependent
- Custom Fields: Assign titles for Custom fields for using individual names for your custom metadata fields
- PFLA Export / Import: Exchange your look library or a section of look presets with other users or Livegrade systems
- Apple Silicon M1 Support: Application runs natively on Apple Silicon M1 machines*
- Camera Metadata: ARRI and RED cameras connected via network can be added as a metadata-only source in all grading modes (with grading disabled)
- H.264 Record Format: Record movies in the space-saving H.264 video codec
- HEIC Still Images: Create still images in the highly-efficient HEIC format (8-Bit only)
* IS-mini device support only using Rosetta
Easily Manage Color Pipelines With Multiple Outputs.
Livegrade’s Output Colorspaces let you inspect and manage looks depending on their output colorspaces for streamlined processes in color pipelines with multiple outputs (such as HDR/SDR dual monitoring).
Output colorspaces are detected automatically for all built-in LUT presets and output transforms, allowing clear overviews for multi-monitoring pipelines and automated colorspace-dependent configuration of the video scopes.
Choose the appropriate output colorspace value for custom LUTs on import and benefit from automatic colorspace-tagging on LUT export for round-tripping with other Livegrade systems.
Sony VENICE 2 Remote Grading
Interactively Grade via ASC-CDL and Upload Looks as In-Camera LUT.
Livegrade integrates with the remote grading features of Sony VENICE 2 cameras.
You can configure the camera as interactive grading device to grade via ASC-CDL compliant grading nodes in real-time, or as non-interactive grading device to upload looks as User 3D LUT onto the camera. Furthermore, you can benefit from a streamlined color workflow using automatic look metadata in recorded camera files.
Start Your Livegrade Journey Today
Find the Best License Model for You.
Livegrade Pro is the standard software for look management on set. It integrates with a wide range of camera workflows and setups.